This photo describes how I feel
So there is a week left in MAIP. And I am stressed to the max. So stressed that I am actually fleeing here. I am stressed because in this dream world of mine I thought I would finish my internship and have the easiest (easier is a better word) time getting a job so I would be able to just move to NY after.
AS OF RIGHT NOW it’s not even possible.
So I am going to share with you guys where exactly my head is and ALL of the thoughts I have been having lately about EVERYTHING.
1. Do I stay in NY? I have a flight back to Texas on August 14th. Should I not take the flight and Air BnB and just go on as many interviews as I can? I don’t have the money to do that. BUT it is easier to get opportunities if I have an NY address because a lot of companies don’t want to give me money to relocate. Or should I just get my own place in hopes that I get a job sooner than later. What if I don’t though? Where is there an affordable apartment in NY? New Jersey? I don’t have time to dedicate to apartment or roommate hunting right now.
2. I’m tired.
3. I miss my family and friends. I really do. Why are true friends hard to find? In an ideal world Adri and Wyeisha would live with me in a closet apartment haha. That’s selfish of me though.
4. So Houston is not bad. I actually love Houston, but it’s comfortable. Mom says that she’ll help me find an apartment if I move back. I don’t wanna get stuck though. I WANT MY OWN SPACE THOUGH. OMG I would kill for my own one bedroom one bath. I’m sick of roommates and not being able to have candles. I like Houston. Houston is nice. Right? What if I live in Houston for a little and then move to NY after I’ve saved for a little? Houston’s a lot cheaper. Or should I move to Dallas? My best friends are there. I have already networked there, so maybe the chances are better for me to get a job there. Mom doesn’t want me to move back to Dallas.
5. I miss having a dog. Pets are therapeutic.
6. I have too much stuff to pack. There’s no way I am getting all my stuff back to Texas. Something’s gotta give.
7. What about portfolio school? It’s expensive but maybe that’s what I need. Maybe I could get my masters at the same time? VCU? VCU is in Virginia. I could live in Virginia. Crap. The next semester doesn’t start till Fall 2016.
8. There is so much to do for MAIP within the next
two weeks week and a half.
9. I’m TIRED.
Sorry for ranting, but I needed to get it all out.
If you have any votes for what I should do I would love to hear it.